Thank you for visiting our site! We really, really, really, really, hope that you have a great time in Rocky Point and hope that our site was a help in making some decisions for your visit.
I'm going to go over some of the basic issues that I feel are important information "tid bits" that you need when traveling to Mexico, Rocky Point, and traveling in general.
Managers Mexico info. & Tips:
- Medicine is given over the counter. If you are going to bring some back you'll legally need to have your prescriptions. That includes penicillin, I think it's a good idea to find out (from your doctor) if you are allergic to penicillin first if you plan on using it.
- Don't brush your teeth with the water.
- Don't use your middle finger as a hand gesture to anyone in a uniform.
- Drive slow at night.
- Don't drink and Drive.
- Be kind in Mexico (poor attitudes get bad results in Mexico, unlike the U.S.).
- Most things take forever in Mexico (that's life ,we all have to deal with it).
- Use common sense.
- Lock your doors and watch your money as if you were in the U.S.
- If you drink be with friends. (same goes anywhere)
- Leave your guns, illicit drugs, and ammo at home. (They are Illegal in Mexico)
- Use your Visa & MasterCard when you can for a better exchange rate.
- Mexico's low, middle, & high income people are mixed together throughout the neighborhoods, with mostly low incomes. The look of Mexico is very mixed and mismatched.
- The native language in Mexico is Spanish not English.
Managers info. & Tips on Rocky Point:
- Rocky Point has been a fishing village for over 80 years and Tourism for only the last 10 years. Don't expect great services & service everywhere.
- Rocky Point has been in high demand. The price usually reflects demand.
- Rocky Point is not as nice as San Diego, and Rocky Point is closer, less crowded, and a lot less expensive over all..
- Rocky Point is getting nicer, bigger, and more fun every day.
- Rocky Point's best Hotel for your money is PeÃƒÂ±asco del Sol. (again don't expect too much, Rocky Point is still starting out, the prices are based on demand.).
- Rocky Point's best Condo's are tied between Sonoran Sun & Las Palomas. All are nice and each have their own charm. (Princesa is also a great place to stay.)
- Fill your gas tank in Sonoyta. The gas is incredibly cheaper, and refined in the U.S.
- Get Mexican Insurance, if you don't have insurance and there is a dispute about who is at fault, you will be detained until all damages and "Fees" are paid in full (even if you are injured).
- Plan your vacation ahead, this may save you money and will guarantee you a place to stay. Demand has been high in Rocky Point, so it is possible you could end up without a room if you don't have a reservation.
- 1's & 5's are easier to make change from, (they also look like a lot of money when stacked). I suggest using 1's and 5's for haggling and purchasing arts, crafts, t-shirts, fish, and whatever you are buying from a small vendor.
- If you are not used to the Taco Stands then consider staying away from them.
- Water served in the restaurants is bottled and most of the time ok. Do what I do and put a squeeze of lime in the glass to take care of the unexpected. (I do that at the greasy spoons in the U.S. too)
- The native language in Rocky Point Mexico is Spanish not English.
Office hours are Monday through Friday 8-5 (AZ time) contact us at [email protected] or 800-713-6259
All content on this site is sole property of Fiesta Beach Travel LLC 1994 - 2015. The information provided on this website is for general information purposes only. We, at Fiesta Beach Travel do our best to keep the information on our website up to date and correct. Sometimes it becomes inactive, irrelevant and just plain dumb!
We make no representations or warranties of any kind, especially the completeness, sometimes the accuracy, or reliability, and definitely it's suitability for anyone without a sence of humor or otherwise.
As for the websites' information, products, services, businesses, advertisements or related graphics contained on the website, please browse at your own risk. :)
Fiesta Beach Travel LLC 1994 - 2015 ©